Ariana Grande continued a conversation about objectification on her Twitter following responses to her message about a crude experience with a fan of boyfriend Mac Miller. Grande's original message detailed a young boy calling Grande "sexy" and congratulating Miller for "hitting that" in front of, but not directly to, Grande.
In the pop star's follow-up tweets, she noted that many people's main critique of her words is that she is "so sexual" in her videos and her music. "Expressing sexuality in art is not an invitation for disrespect," she explains. "Just like wearing a short skirt is not asking for assault."
She further stated that expressions of sexuality are a woman's choice. "You are literally saying that if we look a certain way, we are yours to take," the singer wrote. "But we are not!!! It's our right to express ourselves."
Grande had previously pointed out that her experience with Miller's fan made her feel "sick and objectified" and "like a piece of meat." She wanted to share the incident with the public because she felt like it fed into shared feelings of "fear and inadequacy" by the many women who have also been spoken to our about in an uncomfortable way. "We are not objects or prizes. We are QUEENS," she concluded in her letter.
Miller has yet to comment on the incident. The pair have recorded two duets together, including Grande's early hit "The Way," which appeared on her 2013 debut album Yours Truly. Most recently, they teamed up for "My Favorite Part" off Miller's The Divine Feminine album.
seeing a lot of "but look how you portray yourself in videos and in your music! you're so sexual!" .... please hold.. next tweet... i repeat— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 28, 2016
expressing sexuality in art is not an invitation for disrespect !!! just like wearing a short skirt is not asking for assault.— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 28, 2016
Women's choice. ♡ our bodies, our clothing, our music, our personalities..... sexy, flirty, fun.— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 28, 2016
it is not. an open. invitation.
You are literally saying that if we look a certain way, we are yours to take. But we are not !!! It's our right to express ourselves. ♡— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 28, 2016
- '20th Century Women' Review: Annette Bening Shines in Brilliant Mother-Son Drama
- How Carrie Fisher Championed Mental Health
- See 'Voice' Singer Josh Gallagher's Nostalgic 'Pick Any Small Town'
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News Blogger
- PINTEREST USA FASHION - Models Top Models Supermodels Fashion
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - USA Fashion Google + Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET - Google + Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos