Thursday, October 22, 2015

Brett Eldredge Previews Suits and Boots Tour With Thomas Rhett

Brett Eldredge Previews Suits and Boots Tour With Thomas Rhett:

Brett Eldredge remembers when he had a song in the Top 50 of the country charts. And he was ecstatic.

He's come a long way. Last month, his second album, Illinois, debuted at Number One, buoyed by the strength of his fourth consecutive Number One single "Lose My Mind."

"It's an amazing feeling to make music and be able to do this for a living," he tells Rolling Stone Country. "My first album did great and had several Number Ones on it, but you have to up your game and leave it to the fans to go out there and buy it. Otherwise you're twiddling your thumbs because no one likes it and you're out of a job."

Eldredge won't be standing in the unemployment line anytime soon, though.

"Everyone jumped on board," he says of his runaway success. "It's a great feeling to know people are really digging your music and people know your voice, and now I'm just enjoying the ride and building from here."

With a top album to his credit, he's about to embark on a co-headlining tour with Thomas Rhett. Their CMT on Tour: Suits and Boots Tour kicks off October 29th in New York City.

"He's just a great guy, an amazing person," Eldredge says of his "Crash and Burn" tourmate. "You always want to tour with people you like to be around because, let's face it, you go to work with people in a cubicle, you're friends with these people, hopefully. I just happen to have a little different life where I share it with a bunch of people backstage or on stage, but it's the same kind of thing."

The two will switch off headlining every other show during the course of the tour.

"I want to work with people that I love, with people whose music I love," he says. "I can sit there and say I love [Rhett]. I think he's a great person. It's going to be awesome."

Asked if he's prepared for the backstage hijinks that will surely transpire when two dudes hit the road together, he admits he's ready, willing and capable.

"I'm a sniper," Eldredge says. "I'm trying to zone in."

Original enclosures: