Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hear Keith Urban Console the Lonely in New Single 'Break on Me'

Hear Keith Urban Console the Lonely in New Single 'Break on Me':

Keith Urban has released the second single from his upcoming eighth studio album, a grooving, sympathetic ballad called "Break on Me."

The follow-up to Urban's upbeat, funk-inflected "John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16," "Break on Me" heads off in the opposite direction, offering a safe place to land for a lover buckling under the pressure of life.

"Break on me, shatter like glass/Come apart in my hands/Take as long as it takes/Girl, break on me," goes the chorus. "Put your head on my chest/Let me help you forget/When your heart needs to break/Just break on me."

The song was co-written by Ross Copperman and Jon Nite, and co-produced by Urban with Nathan Chapman to feature a prominent bass line alongside electronic embellishments (much like its "John" predecessor). A slightly dragging drum beat lends a down-in-the-dumps feel, and while Urban's message is insistent, his voice comes across supportive and restrained. Reverb-heavy background vocals add to the disorienting emotional scene.

"I'm so excited about this new single," Urban said in a recent video message to fans. "I'm looking forward to you guys getting to hear it and especially looking forward to playing it live, which we'll be doing very soon."

Urban's upcoming studio album has yet to be announced, but he'll perform November 4th on the 49th CMA Awards alongside John Mellencamp (the artist f.k.a. John Cougar).

Original enclosures: