Thursday, October 22, 2015

Jake Owen Hints at 2016 Headlining Tour

Jake Owen Hints at 2016 Headlining Tour:

Nothing is off limits for Jake Owen while recording his next album, especially his personal life.

"People can expect more of me," the "Real Life" singer says of his next set of tunes. "I've been through a lot recently, and I'm not by any means going to change my vibe or the way that I've made music for a while, but [I'll include] songs that are more relatable on a life level.

"This album will be more about reality than the fantasy of it all," adds the recently divorced musician.

Owen is plotting a headlining tour in support of the album, which is tentatively set for release in Spring 2016. He recently wrapped another run as an opener for Kenny Chesney and has learned a lot of road lessons from the "Wild Child" superstar, along with Tim McGraw (with whom he toured in 2012).

"They're not overnight success stories," he tells Rolling Stone Country of Chesney and McGraw. "They've had careers that have lasted 20 years. I look at my career, the 10-year anniversary with RCA, and not only am I super proud of that but I'm more proud of the journey that it's taken to get to where I am, to understand where to go from here.

"It's been a great processing point to be with guys like Kenny or Tim on tour. It's like going to school. You don't go to school and become a lawyer or a doctor overnight. I'm sort of out here doing my residency, until I'm ready to open my own practice."

In keeping with the scholastic metaphor, Owen is nearing his graduation.

"Next year I think we're going to open our own practice," he says, hinting to a headlining trek. "Nothing happens overnight. You gotta learn from people who are better than you at it, and that's what I do out here. I love taking it all in."

Original enclosures: