Sunday, December 13, 2015

Hear Pusha T's Boasts, Bleak Visions on 'Crutches, Crosses, Caskets'

Hear Pusha T's Boasts, Bleak Visions on 'Crutches, Crosses, Caskets':

"I'm the L. Ron Hubbard of the cupboard," Pusha T boasts on "Crutches, Crosses, Caskets," a hypnotic, Timbaland-produced track from the G.O.O.D. Music rapper/CEO's upcoming LP King Push – Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude, out December 18th.

The brief track finds Pusha alternating between rhymes about wealth ("My infinity pool as long as Magic's") and violence ("All I see is death by the masses") over thick synth bass and gritty drums. "This is the ministry of street energy / the church of criminology teaching my chemistries," he rhymes.

"Crutches, Crosses, Caskets" is Pusha's third track from King Push – Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude, following "Untouchable" and the-Dream-assisted "M.F.T.R. (More Famous Than Rich"). The album is available for pre-order on iTunes, with all three tracks included as instant-grat downloads.

Pusha recently spoke with Rolling Stone about the creative vision behind his new LP, which also features appearances from Kanye West and A$AP Rocky, among others. "I feel like the lyrics on Darkest Before Dawn are uncompromised hip-hop and really speaking to my core fan base," he said. "Basically what's been known in my discography the entire time. I feel like I'm the last rap superhero. I really do. I feel like everybody else, they seem to be a bit victimized and I don't feel like that's me."

Leading up to the album's release, Pusha will appear on two Comedy Central shows: The Daily Show on Tuesday, December 15th, and The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore on Thursday, December 17th.

Original enclosures: