The Kinks sandwiched a swinging guitar-driven and harmonica-tinged blues number, "Long Tall Shorty" – perhaps showing the spiritual roots of hard-rocking originals like "You Really Got Me" – in the middle of the first side of their 1964 self-titled debut. And even though they amassed their own hits in their own style, they never lost sight of their R&B influences. When the group played a two-night stand at New York City's Carnegie Hall in 1972, they presented a much more raucous version of the rarely played song – ornamenting the tune, originally by Don Covay and Atlantic Records co-founder Herb Abramson, with horns and organ – which is now coming out for the first time.
Everybody's in Show-Biz, the band's 10th album – a double LP containing studio recordings on one disc and live cuts on the other – will come out on June 3rd. The album is home to singles "Supersonic Rocket Ship" and "Celluloid Heroes." The expanded edition features many previously unreleased songs from the group's Carnegie Hall gigs and some alternative mixes of songs they put to tape in London.
The first CD contains both LPs that came out on the original release, while most of the second contains many never-before-released rendition of "Sunny Afternoon," "Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues," "Muswell Hillbilly" and others. It also contains the studio outtake "Holiday" – which foreshadows their Preservation Act 1 – and an early version of "Money Talks," dubbed "Sophisticated Lady," among other rarities.
The release, which includes liner notes by Rolling Stone's David Fricke, will also be available as a three-LP set.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News Blogger
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION Google + - Fashion Models Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - Google Images Universe Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET FASHION SHOW - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos