Sunday, May 14, 2017

Paul McCartney, The Who, Neil Young Desert Trip Will Not Return in 2017

Desert Trip Will Not Return in 2017:





The classic rock festival Desert Trip – which featured Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, Neil Young and Roger Waters in its inaugural weekends last year –will not take place in 2017, Billboard reports.

"We're not doing Desert Trip this year," concert promoter Goldenvoice CEO Paul Tollett told Billboard.

Goldenvoice also produces Coachella and Stagecoach, which are both held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, CA, where Desert Trip took place. FYF, Firefly, Hangout Music Fest and Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival, are among its other festivals.

Tollett did not disclose the reasoning behind skipping Desert Trip this year, but he left the door open for a similar event at a later date. "We loved 2016 Desert Trip – that was a special moment in time. Maybe someday in the future we'll do something similar," Tollett told Billboard.

Held over two weekends last October, Desert Trip sold 150,000 tickets and grossed $160 million, a new industry world record.

Related Content:

Original enclosures: