Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Vic Mensa Announces His Debut Album 'The Autobiography'

Vic Mensa Announces His Debut Album 'The Autobiography':

vic-mensa-2017-live-billboard-1548.jpg
Timothy Norris/Getty Images

Vic Mensa performs during Air + Style Los Angeles 2017 at Exposition Park on Feb. 18, 2017 in Los Angeles.  
After shedding light on the climate of America with his poignant mixtape The Manuscript, Vic Mensa is ready to serve the world his debut album The Autobiography on July 28.

On Tuesday (July 11), Mensa wrote a hearty message on Instagram about his forthcoming project, and how excited he was for everyone to hear it.

"It's such an honor to be giving you all my debut album, The Autobiography," Mensa began. "This is my blood sweat & tears, i'm so infinitely grateful to everyone that's been here with me for the ride. A lot of you were down with me when I was going through some of the hardest parts of my life, and I wrote an album about them, my debut album."

He added: "I got so much love for the people that support me and I really did this album for y'all. Based on a true story." For the Chicago MC, he'll finally be able to carve his name in the hip-hop scrolls with his official debut release. After scripting torrid verses for his Pusha T-assisted track "OMG," Mensa hopes to keep his foot on the gas by the time July 28 comes around.

Check out Mensa's post below.