Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Watch a Wheelchair-Bound Fan Crowdsurf Onstage to Perform With Coldplay

Watch a Wheelchair-Bound Fan Crowdsurf Onstage to Perform With Coldplay:

coldplay-july-2017-billboard-1548.jpg
Sergione Infuso/Corbis via Getty Images

Chris Martin of Coldplay performs on July 3, 2017 in Milan, Italy.
One Coldplay fan was granted a particularly good view of Saturday's show in Dublin, Ireland.

A wheelchair user named Rob was lifted up during the Croke Park show and crowd surfed onto the stage, where he accompanied frontman Chris Martin by playing harmonica on a seemingly improvised, acoustic song about the Irish capital.

"He is 29-years-old and training is his job," Martin sang. "Here we are in Dublin, what an awesome crowd. I’ve been around the whole wide world, never seen anybody so loud."

Rob told BBC News how the event unfolded, saying, "A lad accidentally fell on me and was extremely apologetic. He and his friends insisted on lifting me and getting me a better view. Chris Martin invited me up onstage so that I was on stage with Coldplay."

Watch a fan-shot video here: